Organic dried Armenian Hawthorn berries are small fruits that grow on shrubs and trees. They are commonly found in Europe, North America, and Asia. These berries contain nutrients. They have a particular taste like it is mildly sweet and tangy taste and deep red in color. For a decade, dried Armenian hawthorn berries have been using as remedy heart failure, high blood pressure, and digestive problems. There are many great benefits of hawthorn berries. That’s is why it is largely consumed by people.
There are various ways of consuming dried Armenian hawthorn berries. But one of the best ways to consume them by making a hawthorn berries syrup. Its recipe is mentioned below:
- 1/2 cup of organic dried Hawthorn berries
- One and a half cups water
- One and a half cups honey
- 2 oz brandy
- 1 Tbs ginger tincture in diluted form
- One measuring cup
- One set of measuring spoons
- one mashing and a stirring spoon
- Two small cook pots (one with lid)
- One strainer
- cheesecloth in case if your strainer does not have a fine cover
- One clean, resealable bottle
- One label
- Pour hawthorn berries into a cooking pot with water and leave it for overnight to soak.
- Put the pot on stove and then cook it on lowest setting for one hour. Make sure to cover it.
- Remove the cooking pot from the stove and allow it to cool thoroughly.
- Mash hawthorn berries.
- Add brandy.
- Cover pot and return to stove on low and allow hawthorn to steep a minimum of 20 minutes or until water darkens.
- Place two layers of cheesecloth in the strainer.
- Put in hawthorn berries into the strainer and keep one and a half cups of infused water for syrup.
- Use infused water and heated honey to make the syrup.
- Add more honey if you want a sweeter syrup.
- Stir ginger tincture into to cooled product.
- Pour the finished product into a bottle and label it clearly.
Storage and Use
Store Organic dried Hawthorn berries Syrup in the refrigerator for about three months.
Children under the age of 12 take only one teaspoon of syrup and not more than four times a day.
Adults only take one tablespoon of syrup and not more than four times a day.
Not for children under the age of two.
Health Benefits of Dried Hawthorn berries:
- Loaded with antioxidants that are connected with various health benefits due to its antioxidants properties
- May have anti-inflammatory properties.
- It lowers blood pressure by dilating blood vessels.
- It decreases blood fats, lower cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.
- It has been used as a digestive aid for decades.
- It helps in preventing hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
- It reduces anxiety.
- It is used in the treatment of heart failure.
- It is easy to add to your diet like it can be eaten as a supplement.
Side effects and precautions
Few people have complained of dizziness or mild nausea. However, Organic dried Hawthorn berries are quite safe with some side effects. Discuss with your healthcare professional or doctor before starts taking them. Yummway is the best online dry fruits shop that will help you get the best quality products.